By Lesley Cano
This beginner's consultant to 3D layout and printing offers librarians with classes, advice, and directions for integrating those applied sciences into the K–12 standards-based curriculum.
• contains an appendix of assets for college librarians to get the main out of third-dimensional layout and printing
• indicates useful lesson principles for integrating 3D printing into language arts, math, technology, and social studies
• makes a speciality of 3D printing as a device to interact scholars in curriculum content material and advertise hands-on, problem-based studying with a spotlight on real, sensible application
• bargains feedback for coverage improvement and instructions for dealing with and enforcing this strong technology
Read Online or Download 3D Printing: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library (Tech Tools for Learning) PDF
Best library & information science books
Retirement holds many questions for librarians. Smallwood’s quantity bargains perception, concept, and counsel for these already retired in addition to these wondering retiring. A raft of veteran librarians, monetary advisors, and different specialists deal with * making plans for retirement, and the way to go away issues fit for these carrying on with your paintings * the professionals and cons of taking early retirement, together with monetary issues * how one can remain hooked up to the occupation after leaving the activity by means of carrying out part-time paintings and during expert similar actions * moment careers, group volunteering, go back and forth, staying fit, budgeting, and different post-retirement actions and concernsThis publication is helping librarians navigate a tender passage into retirement.
This e-book stimulates knowledgeable discussion among librarians and historians in regards to the altering nature of heritage and the ensuing wishes for a greater variety of collections and library prone, together with inter-library personal loan, library guide, outreach, and reference.
Right here, acclaimed expertise writer and speaker Robin Hastings brings either her personal adventure as a library’s IT supervisor with outsourcing technical functions—including e mail and community backups in addition to uncomplicated maintenance—and that of others in her community of library techies to around out the booklet to assist libraries of all kinds and sizes get monetary savings and extend prone.
Seit 1998 der erste E-Reader erschienen ist, hat sich der digitale Buchmarkt spürbar weiterentwickelt. Dennoch erzielt der E-Book-Verkauf bislang nur einen Anteil von weniger als 1% am Gesamtumsatz der Buchbranche in Deutschland. Die kompakte Einführung verschafft dem Leser einen Überblick über technische Aspekte wie DRM, Formate und Lesegeräte sowie wichtige Downloadportale, die Wertschöpfungskette der Buchbranche und für das E-Publishing relevante wirtschaftliche und rechtliche Rahmenbedingungen.
- Developing Community-Led Public Libraries: Evidence from the UK and Canada
- Tales with Tails: Storytelling the Wonders of the Natural World
- Academic Libraries in Greece: The Present Situation and Future Prospects
- A Practical Guide to Information Literacy Assessment for Academic Librarians
- Analoge und digitale Bestandserhaltung in Bibliotheken (Bibliotheks- und Informationspraxis) (German Edition)
- Workplace Learning & Leadership: A Handbook for Library and Nonprofit Trainers
Extra info for 3D Printing: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library (Tech Tools for Learning)